Matome India's Terms and Conditions of Use
The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Website Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Hello. You should read these terms and conditions in full because they apply every time you visit Matome India. However, just in case you ever need a reminder of the main points, here’s a quick summary:
- If you are under the age of 18 then unfortunately you can’t use Matome India yet because it’s a meeting place for adults only.
- We’re not responsible for anything that you post or say while you are on Matome India and we don’t monitor the content of the site, but if we do see or someone alerts us that you have posted something that we think is inappropriate then we are allowed at our discretion to remove it.
- If you post any content that actually belongs to someone else and they get annoyed (or even call in their lawyers), we are not in the firing line. You have to take responsibility for what you post.
1. Use of the app and site and rules relating to content
Who can use Matome India?
You warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by the Terms and that by using Matome India you will not be violating any law or regulation of the country in which you are resident. You are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
You further warrant that you have not been convicted of, nor are subject to any court order relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
What kind of content can I post on Matome India?
You are able to post all kinds of things on Matome India, including photographs, messages and other content
There are some rules about what is acceptable though, so when you are using Matome India you may not post or send any Content which:
- contains expletives or language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is obscene, pornographic or otherwise may offend human dignity;
- is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
- is defamatory;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- contains any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Matome India or otherwise;
- itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights); or
- shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent.
Please use your common sense when picking the Content that you choose to post on or send via Matome India because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content.
Are there any rules relating to personal information like my email address?
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile page (“ Profile ”) whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances. when doing so.
Who can see the Content that I put on Matome India?
When you upload Content to Matome India it can be accessed and viewed only by you. If you want such Content to be viewed by others, then you can opt to use publish.
2. Ownership of Content
Once I have uploaded Content on Matome India, do I still own it?
Yes (provided you are the rightful owner in the first place — please see our other rules regarding posting Content that doesn’t belong to you).
Please note though that by posting or sending Content on Matome India you represent and warrant to us that you have the right to do so, and automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use such Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-licence the above licence to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
By submitting Content to Matome India you are warranting that you are the exclusive author and owner of that Content and you agree that you waive any and all moral rights relating to that Content (including, without limitation, the right to be identified as the author).
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you to our app or site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy or any other law.
Who does the rest of the Content on Matome India belong to then?
Us! All text, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds and artwork on Matome India are owned, controlled or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights.
Can I use any of the Content that doesn’t belong to me?
Other than in relation to Content submitted by you to Matome India, you do not have any rights in relation to the Content on Matome India and you agree that you will not use any Content in any manner which may infringe any third party’s rights. Without limitation to the foregoing, this means that you agree that you will not copy, modify, adapt, distribute, publish or sell all or any part of the Matome India site or the Content contained on it (other than the Content submitted by you) to anyone else.
3. Incentive Programs
What can I make money on Matome India?
Matome India offers you the opportunity to earn money, using our platform. Stay tuned for further details on the incentive program
Do my articles last forever?
Yes. But we reserve the right to expire.
Please refer to the Service Conditions on your ‘top-up’ page for further details relating to your payments.
4. Access to the app and site
Do you guarantee that Matome India will be up and running at all times?
Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that because sometimes we have to carry out maintenance to the app or site or they may be affected by a fault or circumstances which are outside our control, so Matome India is provided on an “as is” basis. No warranty is given about the quality, accuracy, functionality, availability or performance of Matome India and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, amend, modify or vary the service provided on Matome India without notice and without incurring any liability to you.
What about mobile access?
You are responsible for making all the necessary arrangements to ensure you can access Matome India (including, but not limited to Internet provider and mobile internet provider fees and, any other charges associated with such access). We shall not be held responsible for any reduced functionality you may encounter as result of or in connection with accessing Matome India through mobile services or any similar service currently known or developed in the future.
I’m not registered and I can’t seem to access some Content on the app or site. Why is that?
Non-registered users are able to access only that portion of Matome India that is publicly available. They will not have a Profile or the ability to upload any Content. The extent of registered users’ access to Matome India will depend on certain criteria relating to their Profile being met. We may change or update the criteria from time to time without prior notice and at our discretion.
5. Termination of use by us
My Profile has disappeared and I can’t log in. What’s going on?
Sometimes people forget about the Terms and post Content or act in a way while on Matome India which is not consistent with the purpose of the app or site. If we think that you may be one of those people, then we reserve the right at our sole discretion, at any time and without liability or the need to give you prior notice or to refund any unused services to:
- suspend or revoke your registration (where applicable) and your right to access and/or use Matome India or submit any Content to Matome India; and
- make use of any operational, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses).
We will try (but we are not obliged) to notify you if your access to Matome India and/or your Profile is to be or has been suspended or terminated.
6. Termination of use by you
They say that you can have too much of a good thing… what do I do if I want to “unregister” myself from Matome India?
If you have registered on Matome India, you can terminate your registration at any time by going to the Accounts section on the website.
Someone is not obeying the Terms, who do I tell?
You can report any abuse or complain about Content on Matome India by contacting us via email. Outlining the abuse and or complaint.
Matome India is a web app and site owned and operated by Matome India Limited.
The Terms were last updated on: 31 August 2016.